License and Insurance
We are fully licensed for both home boarding and day care. As we fall within the remit of two different councils we are licensed with Newcastle City Council for home boarding, at our home in Gosforth, and North Tyneside council for our K9 centre in Camperdown. Being licensed means that we have to comply with the local councils rules and regulations with regards to accommodation standards, cleanliness and procedures for containing infectious diseases. We are inspected on a regular basis giving you peace and mind that we adhere to the regulations, though we believe that we go above and beyond the requirements for your dogs as we do our own dogs.
When determining the application for an Animal Boarding Establishment Licence, the City of Newcastle upon Tyne will take into consideration:
whether the animals have access to suitable accommodation at all times, with regard to the construction and size of the quarters, number of animals kept, ventilation, cleanliness, exercising facilities, temperature and lighting
- Whether the animals will be suitably fed, watered, exercised, visited and supplied with adequate bedding material
- Whether the appropriate steps are in place to prevent and control the spread of infectious/contagious diseases, including isolation facilities
- Whether appropriate steps will be taken to protect the animals in the event of a fire or other emergency
One of the Animal Health Inspectors from the Council will visit the premises to ensure that it complies with the above. In certain circumstances a veterinary inspection may also be undertaken and the Applicant will have to pay the relevant inspection fees. Copies of our licenses are on display at our K9 centre
Animal Welfare Act 2006
From the 6 April 2007 the Animal Welfare Act 2006 came into effect. It makes owners and keepers responsible for the welfare needs of their animals are met. These responsibilities include the following criteria:
- Suitable environment (place to live)
- Suitable diet
- To exhibit normal behaviour patterns
- To be housed with, or apart from, other animals (if applicable)
- To be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease
A full copy of the Animal Welfare Act can be found on our premises. We are also fully insured with Pet Business Insurance which includes employers liability, public liability, care, custody and control and key cover.